What does a document translator do?
When businesses grow globally, they need to communicate with buyers in words that the customer comprehends.
Most of the businesses communicate with the customers in written or drafted form such as email, written blog content, product usage guides, help tutorials, and so forth.
In order to do this, they need individuals who are multilingual and may effectively convert a report written in one language in to another.
As a document translator, your task will be to convert documents developed in one language into a another dialect.
The most typical example you must have seen is the phone usage guide you get when you buy a brand new phone.
You must have observed that this guide features multiple editions written in multiple languages.
This job is done by document translators.
Suitable For –
1. Almost anyone.
2. More suitable for people who love to write and knows a more than two or more languages
Skills Required –
1. Should be able to read, write and fluently speak at least 2 or more languages.
2. Must be able to interpret the meaning of the context correctly.
1. Set up your house office with a computer, web connection, a recording headset.
You will need this if you want to get involved in live chats and convert documents online.
2. Most of the document translation jobs are usuallly in Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and French. So you can learn any of these and become fluent. It will help you make more money.
How To Get Started –
You can get started by uploading your resume and listing your rates and services on Translatorscafe.com. This website have a free online directory of translators and translation jobs.
Or you can register yourself with the following top websites. These websites provide translation jobs based on candidate’s expertise and abilities.
Here’s the list:
Expected Earnings –
You will be able to make around $12 per hour for translating general documents and around $40 per hour for technical or scientific content translation.